An artist. Eccentric. Slightly Sane. A circle lens addict. American Idol Fantard. This is my blog.




Pages

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, February 4, 2010

MY FAVOURITE AMERICAN IDOL 9 CONTESTANT (Week 1)

WELL, the first round of American Idol 9 is ALMOST over (we're probably just an hour episode away from Hollywood rounds)

Here is a recap of my favourite contestants from week 1, of the Boston and Atlanta Auditions.

From the Boston Auditions (Episode 1, Week 1)
Guest Judge: Victoria Beckham (snooze)

Jess Wolfe auditions in Boston for American Idol Season 9 with “People Get Ready” by Curtis Mayfield.
She sounds so much like Joss Stone, who i think is CRAZY hot. She's definately my favourite female contestant from the first week auditions. HOWEVER, simply for the fact that she had to 'share' her audition footage, I'm guessing that she will end up in one of those 'crying-girl-montages' right after they get cut from the competition during the Hollywood week.
Having said that, I hope she does an 'Allison Iraheta' and kicks ass even without getting that much exposure this early on in the competition.
There I said it.




Maddy Curtis auditions for American Idol Season 9 in Boston. She sang “Hallelujah” by Leonard Cohen. I like her for the competition specifically but I doubt very much that I'd ever purchase her album if she comes out a winner. Maybe if she does a Leona Lewis, I might just consider downloading Maddy online. =X




16-year-old Katie Stevens auditions for American Idol Season in Boston. She sang “At Last”. Katie has such a soothing voice and the way she manages to hold her notes, is nothing short of amazing. If you just close your eyes and listen to her sing, vocally she sounds very much like Christina Aguilera, a more 'softer', tender version, without too much of the vocal gymnastics. (with more clothes of course) Yeah. Keep the hate mail to yourself. Christina and I are like BFFs. Well, kinda. ish.



28-year-old Joshua Blaylock auditions for American Idol Season 9 in Boston. He sang “God Bless The Broken Road” by Rascall Flatts. He was not that GREAT, but I cannot help but be biased just this time cause he is simply ADORABLE. Joshua looks like a mix breed of Archuleta and Kris Allen (although i'm a die hard Glambert fan)
Go ArchiAllen!
=D


Justin Williams auditions for American Idol Season 9 in Boston. He sang “Feeling Good.” Oh Lord, I love his voice. He's like a Buble 'lightweight'. Although I'm very sure physically he isn't. =P





From the Atlanta Auditions (Episode 2, Week1)
Guest Judge: Mary J. Blinge (doing a whitney, on crack)


Tisha Holland auditions for American Idol Season 9 in Atlanta. She sang “Impossible” by Christina Aguilera. Ooo! Tisha! 'Thats ma gurl!' Nuff said.





Bryan Walker audition for American Idol Season 9 in Atlanta. He sang “Superstar”. I like his voice, i mean he can swoon me with it anytime, but I'm not really crazy of his whole 'package' (and i swear i mean it in the least sexual way possible) I don't know. He's no Danny Gokie, but he's got a really nice, NICE sexy voice.




Jermaine Sellers auditions for American Idol Season 9 in Atlanta. He sang “What If God Was One Of Us” by Joan Osborne. He's definately a stand-out for me for the first week, song choice and all. For what its worth, he sounds as smooth as a well blended, well-chilled banana chocolate protein shake  right after a 3 hour gym session WITH cardio.
Uhuh.
I'm not really subtle, I've been told. =D



So yesh. Those are my FAVOURITE contestants from the first week auditions for Season 9. Do share with me your thoughts and favourites for this episode.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails