An artist. Eccentric. Slightly Sane. A circle lens addict. American Idol Fantard. This is my blog.




Pages

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, February 6, 2010

MY FAVOURITE AMERICAN IDOL 9 CONTESTANTS (WEEK4) Part 2


WELL, the first round of American Idol 9 is FINALLY over!


Here is a recap of my favourite contestants from Episode 8, week 4 of the 'On the Road to Hollywood ' Episode.


On The Road To Hollywood. (Episode 8, Week 4)



Didi Benami sang 'Hey Jude' for her audition. Generally I HATE back stories especially if they are over-emphasised to support a contestant who otherwise has a pretty average voice. However, I teared for Didi's. I know.. Don't remind me of my untapped emotional baggage which is usually in an airtight container tucked and hidden safely, in a place most will never find.




It is official. Aaron Kelly is set to take the 'Young Heartthrob' throne away from David Archuleta. And yes, he has the vocals to match. He auditioned for American Idol 2009, singing Miley Cirus's 'The Climb'. Aaron achieved something even Miley Couldn't : Singing in tune. Live.




Jessica Furney auditions for American Idol 9 in Denver singing “Footprints in the Sand” by Leona Lewis, and composed by Simon Cowell. She was one of my favourites from last year's first round auditions but unfortunately was cut during Hollywood week. I still like her. Kinda. It's just that this year there are so many Kelly Clarkson sound-alikes that it just makes her seem a tad bit too generic. It was as if all of them went to an Idol-bootcamp and throughout the stay, were strapped in a chair, with toothpicks pressing against their eye-lids, and forced to watch 'instructional how-to-scream-it-like-Kelly-Clarkson  videos'.
I don't know.
I still prefered her last season when she was not so 'put-together'.
She went for a makeover and ended up looking like everybody else.



Lacey Brown, who made it to top 50 in season 8, auditioned this year, singing "Somewhere over the rainbow" It wasn't a perfect audition, but i like her-ish. I can definately see her doing some jazzy bluesey numbers but she has yet to convince me. Just like Randy and Kara, I shall put her through to my Favourites because as Katy Perry puts it, " its because i don't want to say no to them".


Others who have made it to Hollywood this episode include,



Singing teddy Michael Lynche, who sang 'Unchained Melody' for his audition.


(Apparantly Youtube stars *who isn't nowadays* in their own right) Lee DeWyze and Crystal Bowersox.


These contestants sum up First Round Auditions for American Idol Season 9! I can't wait for Hollywood week! Do share with me your favourites for this week!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails