An artist. Eccentric. Slightly Sane. A circle lens addict. American Idol Fantard. This is my blog.




Pages

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

KITTYEATDOG : “Is it just me or has American Idol gotten a wee bit boring?”



Is it just me or has American Idol gotten a wee bit boring?


As I stayed in during lunch hour, munching on my third double deck tuna and melted cheese sandwich (I tend to get really hungry on cold, rainy days), I could not help but realise that my weekly manic-like-enthusiasm-spells which is a direct result of pre-idol jitters, was not as intense as it used to be. Having had suffered from AIFD (American Idol Fantards’ Disease) for eight long years (I Missed the first season and only managed to catch up thanks to YouTube), symptoms of AIFD for me this year started showing up each week as early as Sunday afternoons. Like clockwork, symptoms usually start off as a tingling sensation of excitement and anticipation, accompanied by sudden intermittent panic attacks which almost always develops into breathlessness, lasting up to Thursday, right before ‘elimination night’, after which, rigorous displays of emotions follows, ranging from either extreme pleasure or severe pain and disappointment, which would then magically disappear within a day or two, just in time for another cycle.

Having said that, one week onward, and the only performances I remember from the American Idol Season 9, Top 12 Performances (Songs from the Rollin Stones) were Siobhan Magnus’s performance of ‘Paint it in Black’, Crystal Bowersox’s rendition of ‘You Can’t Always Get What You Want.”, Lee Dewyze’s Blue leather jacket (and baby blue eyes), Michael Lynche’s spastic (big boy) dancemoves, Katie Steven’s ‘spat’ under silhouette lighting, Paige Mile’s Crocodile-hunter-turned-safari-inspired ensemble, Casey James’s one-hand-guitar-playing, Didi Benami’s cross over to the darkside (well, sort of) and Ellen’s revelation of her being a natural blonde.

Maybe I was too quick to judge.

I’m all excited now, and breathless. Just in time for another cycle.

4 comments:

  1. No kittributors last week??

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i just checked! you updated them. LOL Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! You;re late with the posting last week! I'm assuming Gingercakes is the one thats in labour?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails